Welcome to Pre-K
Mead's Pre-K curriculum provides students with a wide range of engaging and fun hands-on learning experiences through play. At this age, students become active listeners and participants in their own learning, and our curriculum focuses on developing strong school skills and the endless curiosity, creativity, and caring of these excited young learners.
Our overarching goal is to nurture Pre-K students who are able to do the following at a developmentally appropriate level:
- Demonstrate a sense of self and accept responsibility for themselves
- Respect the rights of others
- Identify similarities and value differences
- Function effectively as individuals and as a members of a group
- Participate easily in routine activities
- Demonstrate increasing independence
- Increasingly acquire learning and problem-solving skills
- Expand logical thinking skills
- Develop beginning reading, writing and math skills
- Practice and hone fine and gross motor skills
- Use creativity and imagination in all activities
- Demonstrate curiosity and a desire to learn
For greater detail on the academic/pre-academic curriculum, please see our detailed curriculum guide below.