What is the Parent Association?
Every Mead family belongs to the Parent Association. The Parent Association provides social and educational opportunities throughout the year. Our purpose is to create camaraderie within the Mead community, to facilitate communication, and to support the school financially.
Through active involvement, parents and guardians contribute their voice, energy, and ideas. Being present at meetings and functions conveys a commitment to our children’s education.
Volunteering is also a wonderful way to make new friends and to learn more about our school. Parents volunteer as PA officers and general volunteers, as well as Home Center Parents, Committee Chairpersons and members of various PA Committees.
Parent Association monthly meetings and get-togethers are run by the Parent Association Executive Committee. See calendar for specific dates. All parents are welcome!
This committee plans and orchestrates our major annual fundraising event.
Home Center Parents
Each grade has Home Center Parents who organize social get-togethers, support the needs of the parents, guardians and teachers, and act as coordinators for various PA events.
This committee selects, orders, and sells (and buys!) Mead School spirit wear and products. It's a great way to support the school AND display our school spirit!
Our parents organize a range of events and activities throughout the school year - some for the whole community and others aimed specifically at either children or adults.
- Gift Wrap & Holiday Items Sale: Items available online and packets from Charleston Wrap. (September/October 2021)
- Community Potluck Dinner: Friday, January 27, 2023
- Popcorn Bingo: Sunday, February 26, 2023
- Staff Appreciation Week: Annual event to show appreciation for our faculty and staff. Parents will be asked to contribute food or donations to help in the celebration.
- Book Fair, Pie Sale, Tag Sale and more!