Financing an independent school education is an important investment, and we understand that not every family is able to make this type of commitment without financial assistance.
The Mead School offers need-based financial aid for students in Kindergarten - Grade 8, but we are also happy to work with you to explore the best way to finance a Mead School education. The financial aid application process is separate from the Mead School application process.
Mead’s financial aid budget is limited, and is available only to those families with demonstrated need. Applying for financial aid will not prejudice an application for admission.
Applying for Financial Aid
The Mead School uses School and Student Services for Financial Aid (SSS) to establish a family’s demonstrated financial need. Every year, parents of financial aid applicants are required to complete the Parents Financial Statement (PFS) and submit to SSS for processing. The detailed process for application can be found in the section below.
Alternative Funding Options
- After Oct. 1, 2018 go to sssbynais.org/parents.
- Click on the “Complete Your PFS” button.
- Set up a PFS Online account using your e-mail address and creating your own password. Please note that each family only needs to complete one Parents’ Financial Statement, even though they may be applying for aid for more than one child.
- Be sure to utilize SSS’ detailed reference guides, PFS Workbook for Famiiies, The Tax Primer for Parents, and How to Apply for Financial Aid.
- Submit and pay for the PFS ($51.00). This fee is nonrefundable.
- Submit all required documents to SSS (not to Mead) by February 1, 2019.
The School also requires that applicants submit a copy of all tax forms, with all supporting schedules, filed in the previous year as well as the most recent 1099 & W2 forms by February 1, 2019, and a signed IRS 4506T Request for Transcript of Tax Return.