Reporting & Progress
Strong lines of communication and a genuine partnership between parents and school lies at the heart of our approach.
Every child's journey to success is different. We understand and value the diversity of all our students, but equally we appreciate your role as parents and partners in that journey.
Our reporting systems are created to ensure a direct link exists between the Home Center Directors, Curriculum Directors and parents. Ongoing informal communication is important, but so is the more formal reporting on student progress which takes place throughout the school year.
Our Approach to Reporting
- We offer parents in Toddler I - Pre-K the opportunity to meet with their teaching team three times per year.
- Families first meet in July or August with their Home Center Director prior to joining the center.
- The second meeting takes place in November & December. The entire team is available for this particular meeting.
- The third meeting takes place in March or April with the Home Center Director.
Kindergarten - Grade 8 Assessments
- During the beginning of November, parents in Kindergarten- Grade 8 will sign up for conferences with all Curriculum Directors and their respective Home Center Directors. The conferences will serve as a face-to-face in-depth discussion of each student's progress.
- November conferences will be followed by written reports mailed to parents in January detailing the first trimester's progress. Each Curriculum Director offers their curriculum overview, individual insights on each child, and a checklist for exposure, practice and mastery.
- Similar reports are mailed in April detailing the 2nd and 3rd trimester's progress.
- Parents and Home Center/Curriculum Directors can choose to speak/meet about students throughout the year, as needed.