At Mead we believe that to nurture creativity, we must model and value creative thinking, so creativity is at our core – from how we schedule time, to how we teach and learn, and beyond. What does that look like?
- A challenging inter-disciplinary curriculum that teaches and demands critical analysis and creative problem solving
- A unique schedule with time for individual and group learning quests every week
- A curricular emphasis on creative arts with at least one class every day (music, drama, art, or maker’s lab)
- An approach that demonstrates respect for the myriad ways to solve problems and answer questions
- Elective opportunities for all students Grade 3 and above
- A multi-month Individual Mastery Project developed and presented by each 8th grade student